EPEAT Purchaser Award
EPEAT Purchaser Award
The EPEAT Purchaser Awards recognize excellence in sustainable procurement of IT products. EPEAT Purchasers will earn a star for each product category for which they have a written policy in place that requires the purchase of EPEAT-registered electronics.
EPEAT Purchaser Award applications are accepted year-round, but organizations must submit their application by April 1, 2019 to be honored at the 2019 EPEAT Purchaser Awards Ceremony and in official 2019 EPEAT Purchaser Awards announcements.
2018 EPEAT Purchaser Award winners were honored at a celebration event on May 14th in Minneapolis, MN. Check out the list of winners and their environmental benefit accomplishments here.
The EPEAT Purchaser Awards are open to all organizations that purchase EPEAT-registered products and meet the following requirements:
- Agree to have your organization as an EPEAT Purchaser. EPEAT Purchasers agree to share their specific EPEAT vendor contract language and to be listed on the EPEAT website. By submitting the EPEAT Purchaser Award Application, you agree to have your organization listed as an EPEAT Purchaser.
- Must have an organizational purchasing policy in place for environmentally preferable procurement of electronics (see model policy language)
- Must set specifications in contracts with vendors requiring that all electronic products in a specific category (PC/Displays, Imaging Equipment, and Televisions) achieve Bronze registration or higher in the EPEAT system in the country/countries of purchase (see model contract language)
- Must report annual purchase volume of EPEAT registered products
One star is awarded to an organization for each product category in which all of the eligibility requirements have been met. The current product categories are as follows:
- PCs/Displays (desktops, displays, notebooks, integrated desktop computers, workstation desktops, thin clients)
- Imaging Equipment (copiers, digital duplicators, facsimile machines, mailing machines, multifunction devices, printers, scanners)
- Mobile Phones (purchased since 7/31/17)
Award winners will be listed on our website, announced in media and PR outreach, and celebrated at events throughout the year.
APPLY FOR EPEAT PURCHASER AWARD
The application period for the 2018 EPEAT Purchaser Awards has closed, but organizations are welcome to apply early for the 2019 EPEAT Purchaser Awards.