A Night Out with the green electronics council
Green Electronics Council Sustainability Reception & awards Event
An evening celebrating sustainable workspaces and recognizing champions in the field of sustainable procurement.
Join the Green Electronics Council the evening of May 22nd to celebrate the advancement of sustainability through technology and procurement, and honor representatives from organizations “walking the talk”. Along with locally sourced hors d’oeuvres and an open bar of Oregon wines and craft beers, the evening will feature tours of the LEED Platinum Edith Green – Wendell Wyatt Federal Building, speakers discussing the sustainable workspace, and recognition of EPEAT Purchaser Awards recipients. Come join us!
Date and Time: Wednesday, May 22, 2019; 5:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Location: Edith Green – Wendell Wyatt Federal Building, 1220 SW 3rd Ave, Portland, OR (map)
RSVP: Required, using the form below
Schedule of Evening Events
5:30 PM – Edith Green – Wendell Wyatt Building Tour
View pictures of before and after the building modifications, tour to see “high performance” modifications first hand, learn about the direct cost savings a “high performance” building provides. – Space is extremely limited
6:00 PM – Reception
Heavy hors d’oeuvres, dessert and open bar
6:45 PM – “The Role of Technology in a Sustainable Workspace” featuring
- Kevin Kampschroer, Chief Sustainability Officer, U.S. General Services Administration
- Howard Schaffer, Building Manager, Edith Green – Wendell Wyatt
7:30 PM – Presentation of 2019 EPEAT Purchaser Awards
Celebration of the purchasers committed to the procurement of sustainable IT. Special recognition given to leaders in the sustainable procurement field including:
- Holly Elwood, Senior Program Manager, EPA’s Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Program
- Pamela Brody-Heine, Director, Clean Production Network
- Sarah O’Brien, Director of Programs, Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council
* The Edith Green – Wendell Wyatt Federal Building is a secure building. Please allow 15 – 20 minutes to pass through security. Guests will be able to enjoy heavy appetizers, dessert and an open bar throughout the evening.*
The Edith Green – Wendell Wyatt Federal Building is a secure building. All event attendees must pass through security to gain admittance to the event. Please bring a valid form of identification so that we can confirm your rsvp. Only those who have rsvp’d will be able to enter. RSVP is required.
***Reservations for the building tour have been filled***
Contact Andrea Desimone, Purchaser Relations Senior Manager, with any questions.