|University at Buffalo|
|Buffalo, NY, USA|
|All Desktop, Notebook, and Tablet PCs shall be registered Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) Silver or better in the EPEAT registration system and meet or exceed all of the following 6 optional EPEAT criteria for standard configuration and standard option form factors:
• 22.214.171.124 Elimination of intentionally added cadmium
• 126.96.36.199 Elimination of intentionally added hexavalent chromium
• 188.8.131.52 Large plastic parts free of certain flame retardants classified under European Council Directive 67/548/EEC
• 184.108.40.206 Batteries free of lead, cadmium and mercury (not applicable for Monitors)
• 220.127.116.11 Large plastic parts free of PVC
• 18.104.22.168 Packaging 90% recyclable and plastics labeled
This standard includes the requirements of RoHS, ENERGY STAR®, and Energy Law, Article 5, Section 5-108a.
Note: All Desktop and Notebook PCs purchased through OGS’ Aggregate PC Purchase Initiative are registered EPEAT Silver or better in the EPEAT registration system, and meet the above listed criteria. The Desktop PC-Business Class category is registered as EPEAT Silver and meets or exceeds numerous optional EPEAT criteria for standard configurations and standard option form factors. This enables NY State and Local Government to maximize Environmental Preferred Purchasing considerations by acquiring PCs that meet or exceed industry standards for energy efficiency and environmental concerns.
Affected entities not using the Aggregate PC Purchase Initiative are encouraged to purchase PCs which meet the EPEAT Gold standard and the 6 optional criteria listed above plus:
*EPEAT Purchasing Tier indicates how many EPEAT categories are specified in the organization’s purchasing agreements